Our favorite character (or thing?) Charmed Sorting Hat is a character or thing we love from the Harry Potter series. This hat is perceptive and places new students at Hogwarts in one of the four schools’ houses – Gryffindor Slytherin Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. The Sorting Hat is one the most clever enchanted objects wizards and witches will ever encounter.
It contains the intelligence of all four founders. It is fascinating in its ability to speak, and it will amaze you with its intelligence. This quiz will test your knowledge of Pottermore Sorting Hat Trivia questions and answers. It is designed to challenge all Potterheads who want to prove that they are Harry Potter’s biggest fan. Let’s see how many you and your friends can score perfectly on the Pottermore Sorting Hat Quiz
Get it right.
Pottermore Sorting Hat Trivia Facts
- After much thought, the idea for a Sorting Hat was born. JK Rowling initially imagined a complex, Heath Robinson-like machine that could do all sorts of magical things. However, he eventually made a decision.
- The idea to place four statues of the founders in the Entrance hall was born. Students flocked to them as they watched, while school staff watched.
- Even short straws were considered by her. She blessed us with her witty personality of the sorting cap at the end.
- It is almost a thousand years old.
- Every year, The Sorting Hat sings a new anthem.
- The Sorting Hat is based on Legilimency, which is the same power to penetrate minds as Dumbledore and Voldemort.
- The Sorting Hat is well-known for never admitting to having made a mistake while Sorting students
- A squib in Harry Potter is someone who is not from a magical line but is born with supernatural abilities. This means they cannot attend Hogwarts, or participate in the Sorting ceremony.
- Pottermore claims that Angus Buchanan, a Scottish squib, managed to sneak into Hogwarts in 1858. He grabbed the Hat from the front of the queue and rammed it onto the boy’s head. While acknowledging the boy’s good nature, the Sorting Hat gently refused to Sort Angus because of his apparent lack of magic ability.
- On the screen, the hat sounds more chatty than it does in the books. The hat muffles slowly in books so that the child who is wearing it can understand it, but it makes its thoughts known to the entire room.
- K. Rowling confirmed that the Sorting Hat talks to Hogwarts students when it speaks from the founders.
Sorting Hat Character’s Trivia Questions and Answers
Q. What are the founders’ names?
Q. When deciding Harry Potter’s house which two houses was the hat confused about?
Q. When choosing Hermoine Granger’s house what was the other option that Sorting Hat had in mind, besides Gryffindor?
Q. Which Hogwarts founder did the Sorting Hat originally belong to?
Q. How many of the Sorting Hat’s songs has Harry ever listened?
Q. Where did Neville Longbottom want to be sorted?
Q. Where did the Sorting Hat place him?
Q. Which house did the Sorting House place Harry’s son Albus Severus Potter in?
Q. Who can pull out the sword from the hat?
Q. In the series, how many people got the sword from the hat?
Q. According to Albus Dumbledore, the Sorting Hat made a mistake of putting Snape in Slytherin. Which house did he think Snape was most suited in?
Q. When did the Sorting Hat give Harry Potter the sword?
Q. When did the Sorting Hat help Neville Longbottom by giving him the sword?
Q. Which qualities did the Sorting Hat suggest Harry possessed of a Slytherin?
Pottermore Sorting Hat Trivia Questions & Answers
Q. Can the sorting hat respond to the thoughts of the wearer?
Q. Which actor is the voice of the Sorting Hat?
Q. What other power does the sorting hat possess other than sorting wizards and witches into their houses?
Q. In which books was Harry not physically present during the Sorting Hat’s songs?
Q. How many founders did the sorting hat have?
Q. Which books are the songs of the Sorting Hat mentioned?
Q. How many movies have included the songs of the Sorting Hat?
Q. What is it called when the Hat struggles to determine which house is the best fit for a student?
Q. What is Ron’s theory about how the Sorting Hat spends its free time?
Q. How many mistakes have the Sorting Hat made?
Q. What is the colour of the hat?
Q. What is the song that the Sorting Hat sings at the Sorting ceremony of 1991?
Q. Where is the Sorting Hat usually kept?
Q. When was the Sorting Hat made?
Q. How much time does the Sorting Hat take on a wizard or a witch to call them a ‘Hatstall’?
Q. What can the Sorting Hat provide magically pulled at time of need?
Q. Who did this sword belong to?
Q. When does the Sorting Ceremony take place?
Q. Where does the Sorting Ceremony take place?