We are sure you find it hard to remember the Periodic Table trivia. Therefore, we created a Periodic Table quiz to help you get started in chemical science. All of the interesting elements that come together to make everything in this world are what we will be living in.
All chemistry talks are about this. Are you familiar with the strange, colorful table found in many books? It is called a periodic table. Chemistry 101 teaches you how to make a periodic table. The periodic table is a tabular listing of chemical elements, based on their chemical characteristics and atomic numbers. It can be divided into non-metals and metals.
This Periodic table trivia game will help you to recall all the facts and concepts that you have learned in chemistry class. This quiz will test your knowledge of all the symbols, properties and trivial facts. Scroll down to see if it is possible.
Interesting Periodic Table Trivia Facts
- Dmitri Mendeleev didn’t have exceptional scholastic credentials. He was nevertheless able to create and develop the original Periodic Table of Elements.
- Lothar Meyer created a similar periodic table without Mendeleev. Mendeleev published the periodic table in 1869, so Meyer didn’t get credit for creating the periodic table. Meyer didn’t anticipate the existence of unknown elements Mendeleev included in his periodic table. Meyer and Mendeleev were awarded the Davy Medal 1882.
- Mendeleyev correctly predicted the chemical behavior and weights of missing elements, such as scandium, germanium and gallium.
- However, when argon was first discovered in 1894 it couldn’t fit into Mendeleyevs columns so he denied its existence, just as he did for neon, helium and krypton.
- Nature can provide 90 elements, while man-made elements are limited to just a few.
- Technetium was the original man-made element
- Uranium, which has an atomic mass of 238 is the most heavy element, has an atomic weight that’s 238
- Allotropes are different forms of pure elements. For example, diamond, graphite, buckminsterfullerene, and amorphous carbon are allotropes of one pure element–Carbon
- Mercury and bromine are the only elements that are liquid at room temperature.
- Metals account for almost 75 percent of all elements on the periodic tables.
Periodic Table Trivia Questions & Answers
Q. What is the first man-made or synthetic element?
Q. What is the most abundant element in the human body (by weight)?
Q. What was Mendeleev’s periodic table organized the elements in order of?
Q. Name the first scientific discovery of an element was the discovery of phosphorus by an alchemist in 1649.
Q. What is the heaviest naturally occurring noble gas?
Q. What is hydrogen’s atomic number?
Q. What is boron’s atomic number?
Q. Uranium is what type of matter?
Q. What is the heaviest element with a one letter atomic symbol?
Q. Nitrogen, Boron, Helium, Chlorine, which one of these four is the most reactive?
Q. Dmitry Mendeleev was a teacher of chemistry who began work on the periodic table in the 1860’s. What nationality was he?
Q. What is Sodium’s chemical symbol?
Q. Name one of the two elements, by weight that are most abundant in the Earth’s crust.
Q. What does rows of periodic table represent?
Q. True or false? The rows of the periodic table are called periods.
Q. What is the lightest element with an atomic symbol not related to its English name?
Q. What group is argon (Ar) found in?
Q. What was the first element to be produced artificially?
Q. Krypton is what type of matter?
Q. How many protons does Magnesium have?
Q. The lightest metallic element floats on water. What is the name of this element?
Q. What is the only element in the halide family that is a liquid at room temperature and pressure?
Q. What does the most common isotope of hydrogen has?
Q. What does the atomic mass of an element indicate?
Q. What does the vertical Periodic family share with each other?
Q. Which period/row is Thorium in?
Q. How many energy levels Technetium have?
Q. What is Tin’s symbol?
Q. What is Germaniums atomic mass?
Q. How many electrons does Nickel have?
Q. How many neutrons does Rhenium have?
Q. What is the fourth element on the periodic table?
Q. What chemical symbol represents Silver?
Q. What is element number 20 on the periodic table?
Q. What is the chemical symbol of Indium?
Q. Which element is represented by the symbol I?
Q. What element is represented by the symbol W?
Q. What element is represented by the symbol Uup?
Q. How many elements are there on the periodic table?
Q. What chemical symbol represents Einsteinium?
Q. Although heavier elements exist in stars, what is the heaviest element that may be produced by fusion in a star?
Q. What is the color of molten sulfur?
Q. What color does white phosphorus glow when oxidizing in air?
Q. What do elements in the same column of the Periodic Table have in common?
Q. What family of elements is in the right-most column of the Periodic Table?
Q. What family of elements is in the left-most column of the Periodic Table?
Q. What is the name of the family of elements that has a full outer shell of electrons?
Q. What does Xenon get its name from?
Q. What does the number shown on the top part of each of the element squares in a periodic table show?
Q. In which group and period does Aluminum lie?
Q. What properties do the valence electrons determine of the element?
Q. What are the number of electrons in the outermost energy level are called?
Q. Pb is the symbol of which element?