Lord of the Rings had a significant impact on pop culture but it also ruled over our childhoods. Did you really live your childhood if it didn’t revolve around the Lord of the Rings trilogy? This quiz game features trivia questions and answers about Lord of the Rings trivia. It will surely attract loyal Lord of the Rings lovers.
Both the movie and book adaptations are brilliant and catchy. Peter Jackson, the director of the film adaptations, brought the novels to life by J. R. R. Tolkien. Casting actors such as Ian McKellen and Elijah Wood, Viggo Mortensen, Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, and others. The films were not only criticized, but also won many awards.
To find out how much you know about Lord of the Rings and to test your knowledge, take this trivia quiz.
Interesting Lord of the Rings Facts
- Sean Connery was originally offered the role as Gandalf, but turned it down, as he said that he didn’t understand the script
- Bill the Pony, is sometimes portrayed by 2 cast members in a suit
- Sean was also offered 15 percent of all the box office earnings of the movies, which would have netted him around $400 million, making it the highest ever paid for a single role
- Arwen and Aragorn are cousins (it’s a complicated family tree)
- Sean Bean is actually terrified of heights, so for the scene where the Fellowship travels through the Path of Caradhras, he actually elected to walk up the mountain, as opposed to flying up in a chopper.
- Because most of Liv Tyler’s lines are in Elvish, she had a professional Elvish language coach with her at all times
- Kirill Eskov has written a counterpoint book called The Last Ringbearer, in which Mordor is described as a democratic place of peace and fairness.
- Despite popular belief, the Balrog is not a creature, or demon, but a magical spirit
- The trees in Lothlorien, as you’ve probably noticed, are about as wide as Lorries, and were made of rubber.
- Amon Hen, the place where Boromir dies at the end of the first film, is all made up of polystyrene.
Lord of the Rings Characters Trivia Questions & Answers
Q. Who possesses the ring of power at the start of the trilogy?
Q. Who do the hobbits encounter at the Prancing Pony?
Q. What is the name of the elf in the fellowshi
Q. What is the name of the dwarf in the fellowship?
Q. Who changes colour during ”The Two Towers”, from Grey to White?
Q. What is Gollum’s name for the Sun?
Q. Gollum killed his brother for the one ring. What was his brother’s name?
Q. When the pass of Caradhras is blocked, where does Frodo say the fellowship should go?
Q. Who is the first member of the fellowship to be separated from the group?
Q. Who has been following Sam and Frodo?
Q. Who is the king of Rohan?
Q. Who said this: ”One does not simply walk into Mordor.”?
Q. Name Aragorn’s ancestor who failed to destroy the One Ring.
Q. Whom does Aragorn love?
Q. How does Farmer Maggot keep people of his farm?
Q. Who is the steward of Gondor?
Q. Who said, ”They will find you. They will take the ring. And you will beg for death before the end!”?
Q. What is the name of the capital of Gondor?
Q. Name the Ent who befriends Merry and Pippin in Fanghorn forest.
Q. To whom does Pippin pledge allegiance?
Q. What Sindarin word was Aragorn known by when he was a child?
Q. How are Merry and Pippin related?
Q. Who is the first hobbit to get married?
Q. Who was Elanor Gardner (also known as Elanor the Fair)?
Q. Who was Sanaga?
Q. Who does Gandalf find eaves-dropping at the window of Bag End?
Q. Sam marries whom?
Q. What is the name of Gandalf’s horse?
Lord of the Rings Trivia Questions & Answers
Q. How many members make up the fellowship of the ring?
Q. Where is Saruman’s tower, Orthanc, located?
Q. How many Rings of Power were there, in total?
Q. What animal does Gollum give to Frodo?
Q. Where does Théoden decide to send his people?
Q. What’s the name of the one-of-a-kind item Thorin Oakenshield wants to find in the Lonely Mountain?
Q. ”The Lord of the Rings” was written as a sequel to which book?
Q. What forest creatures do Pippin and Merry come across?
Q. What does Elrond offer to Aragorn?
Q. What river runs along the eastern border of the Shire?
Q. How is the ring destroyed at Mount Doom?
Q. What are “Durin’s Folk” more commonly referred to as?
Q. What kind of creatures are the spawns of Ungoliant?
Q. What creature did Sam come to care for as the Fellowship crossed the Misty Mountains?
Q. What is it called when the Ents get together to decide something?
Q. Name the creatures sent by Sauron to find the Ring.
Q. Who participated in the Battle of Isengard?
Q. What are the Morgul-wounds?
Q. What happened to Lobelia Sackville-Baggins after the war of the ring?
Q. What do the elves call the hobbits?
Q. What do the initials J.R.R. stand for, in J.R.R Tolkien?
Q. What are the Palantíri and how many are there?
Q. What are the Two Watchers?
Q. Who was the only ‘Lord of the Rings’ castmember to have met J.R.R. Tolkien?
Q. What was the name of Gandalf’s sword?