You are looking for trivia questions and answers about Andy Griffith trivia? This show is original, innovative, unique, and has a wider vision. It is indeed the original show that aired decades ago, known as “The Andy Griffith Show”. It’s a sitcom that Sheldon Leonard created and Danny Thomas produced. The original broadcast of the show aired on CBS in 1960. Andy Griffith was the show’s lead character. He played the role of the justice-of-the-peace and editor of a small newspaper.
Although it has been a while since the original broadcast, it is still very popular among young viewers. Every aspect of The Andy Griffith Show is flawless. Andy Griffith’s show is a classic that was loved by our ancestors and still has a lot of appeal today.
Literally, sitcoms and television dramas from the past were better than those produced today. The Andy Griffith Show is the most beloved of all. This is an exciting and thrilling activity that will make you a huge fan of the show. Andy Griffith Trivia Questions & Answers Quiz has been created especially for you. This quiz will test your knowledge of Andy Griffith trivia if you’ve seen the show.
Let’s find out how much you know about Andy Griffith. The Andy Griffith Trivia Questions will test your knowledge. Don’t delay and take the quiz. Have a fun time quizzing!! Have fun!
Interesting Andy Griffith Show Trivia Facts
- Both the characters, Sheriff Andy Taylor (Andy Griffith) and his son Opie (Ronnie Howard) were initially introduced on another show named The Danny Thomas Show in the episode called “Danny Meets Andy Griffith”.
- Griffith and Knotts were actually real-life best friends which helped in transcending their roles in the show.
- Other than acting on the show, Andy cracked some really funny jokes of his own on set as well while Don was a little calmer in real life.
- Andy and Barney called were cast as cousins in the initial episodes of the show but the idea was dropped a few episodes later.
- Howard McNear who played the barber Floyd on the show had a stroke and couldn’t use the left side of his body.
- The instrumental version of the theme song “The fishin’ hole” was written in fifteen minutes.
- Knott wasn’t supposed to be the permanent part of the show and shot his scenes without a proper contract.
- The town of Mayberry, North Carolina – where the show took place is all made up and fictional. It wasn’t an actual place and was just a set.
- The original version of the theme song “The Fishin’ Hole” included only the vocals. The producers decided that whistling would work better.
- The first 159 episodes of the show were black and white and the final 90 episodes were in the colored Amazing, right?
Andy Griffith Characters Trivia Questions & Answers
Q. What was the name of the girl Barney had in her life?
Q. Sheriff Taylor’s police car brand was?
Q. How were Barney and Andy related?
Q. Which actress from The Waltons sold Barney a used car lemon?
Q. What was the real name of Sheriff Andy Taylor?
Q. According to Barney, what is Andy’s favorite dish?
Q. What was the name of the cat woman who played the lead role in “The New Andy Griffith Show”?
Q. Who does Barney try to arrest for jaywalking?
Q. Who does Andy marry on the show “Mayberry RFD”?
Q. What is the name of the character known as the town drunk?
Q. What was the everyday job of Andy Griffith in the show?
Q. Which banjo-playing comedian shortly replaced Don Knotts?
Q. Sheriff without a gun was a movie produced after which character?
Q. Who played Opie in the season?
Q. What was the character of Howard McNear?
Q. Who did Andy injure in the leg at the gas station?
Q. What was the name of the farmer who refused to take the tetanus shot?
Q. Who played the manicurist that worked in Floyd’s barbershop?
Andy Griffith Show Trivia Questions & Answers
Q. What was the closest town to Mayberry, North Carolina?
Q. Who is the sponsor of the Mayberry bowling team?
Q. What song proved to Mayberry that Gomer Pyle could sing?
Q. Stand-up comedy got Howard Sprague into?
Q. Whose place did Aunt Bee take over in Taylor’s home?
Q. What did Aunt Bee cook that Andy, Barney, and Opie couldn’t stand?
Q. What was the name of the musical family who visited Mayberry after every few days?
Q. What was the name of the hometown on which Griffith based Mayberry?
Q. What was the name of military comedy on which Don Knotts worked with Griffith?
Q. Which one was not a TV series starring Andy Griffith?
Q. Which of the Andy Griffith shows had more seasons than the Andy Griffith Show?
Q. What did Floyd practice on in order to practice cutting hair?
Q. What was the name of the show on which Griffith made his final guest appearance in 2001?
Q. Did Barney keep his bullet in?
Q. What was the exact amount Opie donated to the Underprivileged Children’s Drive?
Q. What is the name of the state where Mayberry shoot takes place?
Q. How many seasons of the show have been aired?
Q. What did Barney buy for his parents on their anniversary?